Pages

Saturday 3 September 2016

Cross Country



GTS Cross Country 2016 

Lining up at the starting line and feeling extremely nervous! 
"On your mark. Get set. GO!" I bolted off, down the field trying my best to get a head start. "Steady pace. Steady pace," I kept saying to myself. 

As I was running around the block I could see heaps of other people from my class in front of me and I feel my knees start to feel weak. "Keep going! Keep going!" called out one of our teachers. I kept running, pushing through the pain that I could feel in my legs. Not too long after, I realised I was passing people, and then more people. I turned around and noticed that I was now at the front. 

Turning the corner to come up the drive way to enter the school, something came over me. My legs were painfully sore but I was running faster than ever before. 

All I could see was the finish line. The cheering and yelling drowned by my breathing. Sprinting, running as fast as I could, I passed the finish line and fell to the ground.

"Congratulations! You came first!!!"

All that hard work paid off! First place in Cross Country! I couldn't help but smile as I dragged my feet over to my place to sit down. Relieved that the race was finished, I sat there cheering on the rest of my friends that came through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I like your blog post about ... because ...
I would like to try this .... because ....



(Thank you for leaving a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment)