Pages

Monday 24 June 2019

3. From Grass To Glass - Maths

Our Maths ...

We looked at bearings and directions today for maths. We used Tina's route to explain what direction she takes using the words like 'NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST and NORTH EAST, SOUTH EAST, NORTH WEST, SOUTH WEST.

We started at Fonterra and had to make our way through to the 4 different farms to pick up the milk from the tankers.

Here are some photos showing what we did

Ngwe Sin, Ocean, Natalie and Josephine with Baby Suifili highlighting Tina's route

Kisina, Metua and Bullard listening to the directions 

Pita using the compass trying to face North

Morgan, Antonio, Savanah and Noah tracing Tina's route 

Room 9 in action

Facing North 
Tina's Route 



4 comments:

  1. kia ora my name is Ocean I Really like they way you guys were working as a team
    my freinds cant Reach your level

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora! my name is Krystan and I really like the way you guys were working as a team my friends can't reach your level of cooperation

    ReplyDelete
  3. kia ora Room 9,
    Im Lily from Mangapapa school
    I would like to do this because some people haven't used a compass before.
    Was it hard? Was it fun?
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello my name is angela i'm a student from mangapapa school and i like your grass to glass maths and i have never seen a compass until now enter

    ReplyDelete

I like your blog post about ... because ...
I would like to try this .... because ....



(Thank you for leaving a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment)