Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Detailed writing


This week, we have been working on adding detail to our writing. 

We watched a short video about The Old Lady in the Junkyard and had to describe what she was doing. We had to make sure that each sentence told 3 pieces of information. We then had a sharing circle and had to share ONE of our sentences that has really good description. 

Here they are 


Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 4.45.23 PM.png

Old Lady in the Junkyard - Recount. 

Tiana
One average morning I was in my house that was in the junkyard. I went to the junkyard and searched high and low around the junkyard because I was looking for useful random, objects that I could use for my house. 

Miracle
I was looking through the junkyard and I saw a ring and decorated my house high and low. 

Jonay
When I got home I grabbed my stuff I found and I thought I made something. 

Jordan
Today I was planning to escape from the junkyard so I can have a good life and not die in the junkyard and starve to death. 

Liston
One day I was at the junkyard looking for stuff. I saw lots of cool objects and grabbed those materials to make an amazing invention. 

Lucky
One day when the sun was setting down I was picking up some stuff.

Demitrius
In the morning I was looking for stuff so I can make my house look like Christmas.

Tracey
I’m happy with who I am and what I can do. I have collected things that satisfy from me, Sherry.

Lesileli
I was poor but I was creative. 

Mone
I’ve been living in this place for several and I have created my own little world. 

Leeroy
I’ve been living in this junkyard for years and made my own little house. Everyone always judged me but I didn’t care. 

Zeta
For 15 years I’ve been living in a junkyard. I didn’t know who my parents were or my family. 

Tee
For 27 years I’ve lived in this junkyard and no one has ever visited me. 

Olive
One night I was at the junkyard and I found some JUNK!

Skyla
I went to an old rugged box and searched through it and found a yellow and orange spotted umbrella that I could use. 

Moni
For 30 years I lived in this junk yard and never ever knew who my parents were or my family and no one ever visited me. 

Lexi
I opened the old rusty box and found and old broken umbrella. It looked like doritos with cheese on it. 

Kahnye
Although I didn’t own much, I am happy and appreciate everything.  





1 comment:

  1. Hello room 10 My name is Maree. You's have written a very accurate detailed writing. I actually admire the effort you have put into your writing, I am really amazed by your Detailed writing.

    ReplyDelete

I like your blog post about ... because ...
I would like to try this .... because ....



(Thank you for leaving a thoughtful, helpful and positive comment)